Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Autocomplete is checked but doesn't work

In the Excel advanced options, Autocomplete is checked but when I start
typing a name that exists in the same column, Excel does NOT try to complete
the name. What could be wrong?
--
Cliver6
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you have blank entries inbetween. Autocomplete works on continuous list;
there must be no blank rows between the list and your entry.

Othere reasons
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211652

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Cliver6" wrote:

In the Excel advanced options, Autocomplete is checked but when I start
typing a name that exists in the same column, Excel does NOT try to complete
the name. What could be wrong?
--
Cliver6

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I should say continuous region rather than continuous list.

From the below entries in ColA and colB blank try Ctrl+down arrow in the
blank cell. The available entries for autocomplete are displayed in the list.

ColA
a1
blank
a2
a3
blank
a4

Now to understand the "current region" try the same using additional entreis
in colB

ColA ColB
a1 1
2