Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Count how many different cells are in a range

I need a formula/filter/something to help me out.

I have:

Column D: Last Name
Column E: First Name
Column F: Company
Column G: Address Line 1
Column H: Address Line 2
etc...

I know my list has many many duplicate records, and I need now how to get
rid of the duplicates and count those left. If a record shows up at least
once, I need it to count, but I don't want to count the numerous duplicates
in my spreadsheet.

Thanks for helping.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
Take a look at CPearson Web

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Duplicates.aspx

to delete the duplicates rows go to the middle of this page

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm

if this helps please click yes, thanks