lvinning

Default can you single click to open files in word and excell?

Is it possible to set the default to a single click when opening word and
excell files?
Dave Peterson

There's a windows setting (at least in WinXP) that you can toggle to make a
single click open the file.

Windows Start button|settings|control panel|Folder Options|General Tab
At the bottom of that dialog.

--

Dave Peterson
lvinning

I have it set to that level, but once I'm inside of word or excell, you're
required to double click on a file name before it will open. Some other
windows programs allow a single click to open. Do you know if Word and
Excell allow it?

lvinning wrote:

Is it possible to set the default to a single click when opening word and
excell files?

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Do you mean in the file|open dialog or from a hyperlink on the worksheet?

I put a hyperlink on the worksheet and it just required a single click
(xl2003)--IIRC, it's ctrl-click in MSWord 2003.

And it was just one click in the File|Open dialog in excel 2003, too.

I guess I don't understand where you're clicking/double clicking on the file
name.

lvinning wrote:

Is it possible to set the default to a single click when opening word and
excell files?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
lvinning

I mean when you're inside the file dialog box. For example, if i want to
look inside of a directory, I'm required to click twice on the folder before
if will show me the contents. Then once I select a file, I'm required again
to click twice before the file will open. I should not that I'm using Office
2000, not 2003.

lvinning wrote:

Is it possible to set the default to a single click when opening word and
excell files?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

I changed that setting (under control panel) and did a file|open inside Excel.
The single click did open the folder.

Maybe someone can test it using xl2k. You did change that windows setting,
right?

And to get better results, you may want to post your version of windows, too.