Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JR JR is offline

Default value in cell B < value in cell A conditional format

In excell 2007 I have a "=count(C2:BE2)" column and a "=countif(C2:BE2, "
0")" column.

I want to conditional format the count colum if it is less than the countif
column.

When I follow instructions for conditional format to write a formula that is
"true" and enter B < A (or B A) nothing happens.

If I specify the row numbers ( B2 < A2 ) nothing happens.

How do I make this happen?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select your count column (which I presume is column B). Assuming the countif
column is column A
Format - Conditional Format
Formula is:
=B1<A1

Click format, choose pattern color you desire, then 'ok'.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"JR" wrote:

In excell 2007 I have a "=count(C2:BE2)" column and a "=countif(C2:BE2, "
0")" column.

I want to conditional format the count colum if it is less than the countif
column.

When I follow instructions for conditional format to write a formula that is
"true" and enter B < A (or B A) nothing happens.

If I specify the row numbers ( B2 < A2 ) nothing happens.

How do I make this happen?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try it like this:

=$B2<$A2

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"JR" wrote in message
In excell 2007 I have a "=count(C2:BE2)" column and a "=countif(C2:BE2, "
0")" column.

I want to conditional format the count colum if it is less than the
countif
column.

When I follow instructions for conditional format to write a formula that
is
"true" and enter B < A (or B A) nothing happens.

If I specify the row numbers ( B2 < A2 ) nothing happens.

How do I make this happen?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JR JR is offline

Thanks Luke M -- it worked ... but only after I tried it the second time, so
you got a no help ... post again and I'll give it a GO!

JR