Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default receiving cell value after deleting source

I have a form into which I want to load values from a list. I have three
forms on one page. How can I load the forms from the list and have the forms
updated when I add or delete an item from the list. (Instead of a REF in the
receiving cell). When an item is deleted from the list, I want the new item
that moves into the same positiion in the list to replace the item on the
form. I am using 2007.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could try INDIRECT. For instance:
=INDIRECT("A2")
will always direct your formula to the cell A2, regardless of if you delete
it. Due note that you lose the ability to copy this formula down/across and
have XL infer that you want reference to move with you.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M