Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Filters

Can I have more than one filter if I have several categories on a sheet that
i want different filters for, if so how.
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you familiar with the Data -- Filter option?

Are you trying to filter more than 1 column? Have you tried the "custom"
filter?

Am I interpreting your question correctly?
"Muskrat24" wrote:

Can I have more than one filter if I have several categories on a sheet that
i want different filters for, if so how.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

no I have multiple categories on a sheet with several selections for each
and I want a filter for each category. The only way that i can think of to do
this is to have a filter for each category but it will only let me have 1
filter per sheet. Is there a way i can have more than 1 filter?

"Muskrat24" wrote:

Can I have more than one filter if I have several categories on a sheet that
i want different filters for, if so how.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I believe you can have more than one advanced filter on a sheet.

You can't have more than one autofilter section.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Muskrat24" wrote:

Can I have more than one filter if I have several categories on a sheet that
i want different filters for, if so how.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could start with Excel help on advanced filter.

Or see Debra Dalglesih's site for instructions on the basics.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xladvfilter01.html

Gord

"Muskrat24" wrote:

Can I have more than one filter if I have several categories on a sheet that
i want different filters for, if so how.
Thanks

Pivot Table filters, especially DATE filters chris Excel Worksheet Functions 0 August 27th 08 04:33 AM
Filters Dave New Users to Excel 2 January 1st 08 08:45 PM
How to copy with filters but not copy the filters in the middle? ztalove Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 November 1st 06 04:53 PM
Filters, Subtotal & Intacted Results after the filters' Removal kasiopi Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 February 24th 06 12:18 PM
Filters Kile Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 October 20th 05 10:05 PM