Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Calculating difference between dates

I have column c with the start date ex. 9/4/2009 and column d leave date ex.
11/02/09. How can I calculate number of school days (no SAT and SUN) that
the student attended between these two dates in column e?

Thanks
Del Dobbs
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Wtih start date in A1 and end date in B1; try the below which will give you
the count inclusive of both dates (excluding Sat and Sun)

=(B1-WEEKDAY(B1,2)+WEEKDAY(A1,2)-A1)/7*5-MIN(5,WEEKDAY(A1,2))+MIN(5,WEEKDAY(B1,2))+1

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"DUNNER7" wrote:

I have column c with the start date ex. 9/4/2009 and column d leave date ex.
11/02/09. How can I calculate number of school days (no SAT and SUN) that
the student attended between these two dates in column e?

Thanks
Del Dobbs

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel has a function specifically for this. See:
NETWORKDAYS
in Excel Help.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200857

"DUNNER7" wrote:

I have column c with the start date ex. 9/4/2009 and column d leave date ex.
11/02/09. How can I calculate number of school days (no SAT and SUN) that
the student attended between these two dates in column e?

Thanks
Del Dobbs

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I saw that function and didn't know how to place/columns in the formula. Do
I select columns c, d, e, and click function and input values? Do I select
column E and format it to take value from columns c and d? I know it must be
something obvious, but I cannot seem to make this work.

Thanks,

"DUNNER7" wrote:

I have column c with the start date ex. 9/4/2009 and column d leave date ex.
11/02/09. How can I calculate number of school days (no SAT and SUN) that
the student attended between these two dates in column e?

Thanks
Del Dobbs

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

DUNNER7 wrote:
I have column c with the start date ex. 9/4/2009 and column d leave date ex.
11/02/09. How can I calculate number of school days (no SAT and SUN) that
the student attended between these two dates in column e?

Thanks
Del Dobbs

Use NETWORKDAYS ( you will need the analysis addin if using Excel 2003)

Syntax = NETWORKDAYS( Start_date, End_date, Holidays)

edvwvw