Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cell Reference Macro

I have a financial model with all of my inputs on tab A that populates
financial statements on tabs b, c, and d. Does anyone know of a way or have
a macro that would in some way highlight the cells on tabs b, c, and d that
are direct cell references to a line item on tab a. Thanks in advance for
your help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try the below

2003: Menu ToolsFormula Auditing
2007: Menu FormulasFormula Auditing

Trace Precedents will show arrows to cells which are referenced in the
formula

Trace Dependents will show arrows to cells which are affected by the
selected cell

PS: In 2003 for regular use you may enable the formula auditing toolbar from
'Show Formula Auditing Tool Bar'

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Scott" wrote:

I have a financial model with all of my inputs on tab A that populates
financial statements on tabs b, c, and d. Does anyone know of a way or have
a macro that would in some way highlight the cells on tabs b, c, and d that
are direct cell references to a line item on tab a. Thanks in advance for
your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I know how to use the formula auditing tools, but was hoping for something
quicker than tracing through each one of them individually since there are
literally thousands of lines. I was hoping for a way to do it automatically.
Thanks!

"Scott" wrote:

I have a financial model with all of my inputs on tab A that populates
financial statements on tabs b, c, and d. Does anyone know of a way or have
a macro that would in some way highlight the cells on tabs b, c, and d that
are direct cell references to a line item on tab a. Thanks in advance for
your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select sheets b, c and d

EditFindOptionsWithinWorkbook

find what: sheeta

Find all

CTRL + a

Click on colorpicker icon and select a color.

All founds are now highlighted on sheets b, c and d

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP