Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Apply color of one cell to other

Hello,

How can I apply the color settings of one cell to another through a formula?
Ex- If cell A1 is filled with red color, I want cell B1 to be filled with
red color too based on the formula.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
to answer your question....no, not through a fomula.
formulas return value to the cell in which they reside. they cannot perform
actions such as change formating, put values in other cells, copy, paste, etc.
but you might be able to perform what you want with conditionsal fomating.
post your formula and other conditions and i (or someone) might be able to
at least point you in the right direction.

regards
FSt1

"Tigerxxx" wrote:

Hello,

How can I apply the color settings of one cell to another through a formula?
Ex- If cell A1 is filled with red color, I want cell B1 to be filled with
red color too based on the formula.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not with a formula.

It would have to be VBA: