Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers,microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default YEAR MONTH DAYS COUNTER

You have also posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc, which is a very
active newsgroup. This is a far more suitable than
microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers. In future if you feel the need to
post to more than one newsgroup ( there are occasions when this is
appropriate ) please crosspost and do not multi-post your message.

"Avoid posting to multiple newsgroups.
Few things annoy Usenet readers as much as multiple copies of a posting
appearing in multiple newsgroups (called "spamming"). A posting that is
cross-posted (i.e. lists multiple newsgroups on the Newsgroups: header
line) to a few appropriate newsgroups is fine, but even with
cross-posts, restraint is advised."

Source:
http://groups.google.com/support/bin...n&answer=46492

To crosspost using Outlook Express you enter each newsgroup address as
illustrated next.
microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers,microsoft.publ ic.excel.misc

The addresses are entered in the newsgroups box in the composition
window. Each newsgroup has to be separated from the other by a comma.

You should find out how to crosspost using your existing news reader or
get a better news reader if you intend to send the same question to more
than one newsgroup.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

wrote:
Hi,
I have a sheet in which I want to count the year then month and then
days for employee. i.e

Name Date of joining Date of leaving Absent Total
JOHN 23-08-2001 11-11-2008 15 Years-Months-Days

I want that Function or formula count first Rounded Year from
23-08-2001 23-08-2008 then count Month and then days. and then minus
Absent days and final result. Pls help me.

Best Regards.

Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers,microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jun 13, 2:39*pm, "Gerry" wrote:
[...]

*~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

wrote:
Hi,
I have a sheet in which I want to count the year then month and then
days for employee. i.e

Name * Date of joining *Date of leaving *Absent Total
JOHN * 23-08-2001 * * *11-11-2008 * * * * * 15 * * Years-Months-Days

I want that Function or formula count first Rounded Year from
23-08-2001 23-08-2008 then count Month and then days. and then minus
Absent days and final result. Pls help me.

Best Regards.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks ... Well Noted...
Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers,microsoft.public.excel.misc

wrote:
Hi,
I have a sheet in which I want to count the year then month and then
days for employee. i.e

Name * Date of joining *Date of leaving *Absent Total
JOHN * 23-08-2001 * * *11-11-2008 * * * * * 15 * * Years-Months-Days

I want that Function or formula count first Rounded Year from
23-08-2001 23-08-2008 then count Month and then days. and then minus
Absent days and final result. Pls help me.

Best Regards.- Hide quoted text -

Hi Gerry,

Actually I was trying 2 add each n every group related 2 excel
2007.. .. and I've added 6 groups in my group list... Unfortunately..
I really don't know that really these all groups r same... actually
some groups shows me that I can't post any msg.... should I have 2
delete that groups from my group list..????
Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers,microsoft.public.excel.misc

ad2ad79

You're welcome and thanks for acknowledging my post.

--

Gerry
~~~~

Newsgroups: header line) to a few appropriate newsgroups is fine,

wrote:
Hi,
I have a sheet in which I want to count the year then month and then
days for employee. i.e

Name Date of joining Date of leaving Absent Total
JOHN 23-08-2001 11-11-2008 15 Years-Months-Days

I want that Function or formula count first Rounded Year from
23-08-2001 23-08-2008 then count Month and then days. and then minus
Absent days and final result. Pls help me.

Best Regards.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks ... Well Noted...

Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers,microsoft.public.excel.misc

ad2ad79