Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Protect Printing

Hi

Is there a way to stop people printing a spreadsheet? They're supposed to be
submitting the form via email but they keep printing and faxing it to me!!
I've put huge notes on the form but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could use a macro, but that can be defeated if the user doesn't enable
macros--or just disables events.

But if you want to try, you could use an event macro. This goes behind the
workbook module:

Option Explicit
msgbox "Please don't print--just email it to me!"
cancel = true

Chip Pearson has some instructions on events:

David McRitchie has some notes, too:

Again, the macro will not work if the user disables macros or disables events.

You may want to just issue a warning. Some people like to print to check their
input:

Option Explicit
msgbox "Use the listing to check your input, but email the file to me."
End Sub

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks but I can't get it to work. When I click view code it looks like this
at the moment:

If Target.Cells.Count 1 Then Exit Sub
Target.Formula = WorksheetFunction.Proper(Target.Formula)
End Sub

Private Sub cmbCourse_Change()

End Sub

Option Explicit
MsgBox "Please don't print--just email it to me!"
Cancel = True
End Sub

This is because I want cells B6,E6,B9,E9,B12,B15,E15,C26 to be title case as
well as not allowing them to print