Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how do I add time worked over days/wks/mon greater than 24 hours

I have hours employees have worked over periods of days, weeks and months.
I need to add times and get an answer that makes sense.
Because sometimes in the one cell the answer may equate to less than or
greater than 24hrs in any given day / week / month I need a formulae,
function or format that I can work with effectively.
I have tried IFing it, but because of the format it doesn't work out.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jason,

You don't explain in what way your current answer doesn't make sense but
maybe this helps.

Adding time is as simple as =sum(range)

and then to prevent hours in excess of 24 rolling over back to 1 use the
format

[h]:mm

Mike

"Jason" wrote:

I have hours employees have worked over periods of days, weeks and months.
I need to add times and get an answer that makes sense.
Because sometimes in the one cell the answer may equate to less than or
greater than 24hrs in any given day / week / month I need a formulae,
function or format that I can work with effectively.
I have tried IFing it, but because of the format it doesn't work out.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Custom format the total cell to [h]:mm:ss

Right clickFormatCellsCustom

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Jason" wrote:

I have hours employees have worked over periods of days, weeks and months.
I need to add times and get an answer that makes sense.
Because sometimes in the one cell the answer may equate to less than or
greater than 24hrs in any given day / week / month I need a formulae,
function or format that I can work with effectively.
I have tried IFing it, but because of the format it doesn't work out.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how do I add time worked over days/wks/mon greater than 24 hou

THANKS THAT WORKED WELL.

Is there any way to hide the seconds like decimal points?