Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can't see the numbers saved in a cell.

This is pretty weird but I have a couple of spreadsheets that I have received
from other people and I have updated the numbers in the cells, but once I
saved them they are hidden. I can see the information up on top in the cell
information or function bar but I can't see the numbers in the cell on the
spreadsheet itself. I don't think it's related to the protection either
because I have sent this sheet to others and they can see and save numbers in
the same cells. It even happened on a spreadsheet that was downloaded from
off of the web. I have tried practically every format and tool to no avail.
I have Excel 2003 by the way. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Jeff" wrote in message
This is pretty weird but I have a couple of spreadsheets that I have
received
from other people and I have updated the numbers in the cells, but once I
saved them they are hidden. I can see the information up on top in the
cell
information or function bar but I can't see the numbers in the cell on the
spreadsheet itself. I don't think it's related to the protection either
because I have sent this sheet to others and they can see and save numbers
in
the same cells. It even happened on a spreadsheet that was downloaded
from
off of the web. I have tried practically every format and tool to no
avail.
I have Excel 2003 by the way. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I assume you can still see some data on the spreadsheets. If so, what
happens if you use the format painter to copy the formatting from a visible
cell to a 'hidden' one? Does it then appear or not?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It happened to me, I could see the cursor moving and the data being entered
in the formula bar but the data in the cell is not visible! I broke my head
trying to find a solution. Luckily it dawned on me: the font color in some
cells was set to white! That's why the data wasn't visible.

"Jeff" wrote:

This is pretty weird but I have a couple of spreadsheets that I have received
from other people and I have updated the numbers in the cells, but once I
saved them they are hidden. I can see the information up on top in the cell
information or function bar but I can't see the numbers in the cell on the
spreadsheet itself. I don't think it's related to the protection either
because I have sent this sheet to others and they can see and save numbers in
the same cells. It even happened on a spreadsheet that was downloaded from
off of the web. I have tried practically every format and tool to no avail.
I have Excel 2003 by the way. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Josh

In that case, others could not see the numbers but OP states they can.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Jeff" wrote:

This is pretty weird but I have a couple of spreadsheets that I have received
from other people and I have updated the numbers in the cells, but once I
saved them they are hidden. I can see the information up on top in the cell
information or function bar but I can't see the numbers in the cell on the
spreadsheet itself. I don't think it's related to the protection either
because I have sent this sheet to others and they can see and save numbers in
the same cells. It even happened on a spreadsheet that was downloaded from
off of the web. I have tried practically every format and tool to no avail.
I have Excel 2003 by the way. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Gord, I know, it's weird.

BTW Gary Mc'Carthy's reply that it might be custom formatted should also
mean that other people can't see it either.

"Jeff" wrote:

This is pretty weird but I have a couple of spreadsheets that I have received
from other people and I have updated the numbers in the cells, but once I
saved them they are hidden. I can see the information up on top in the cell
information or function bar but I can't see the numbers in the cell on the
spreadsheet itself. I don't think it's related to the protection either
because I have sent this sheet to others and they can see and save numbers in
the same cells. It even happened on a spreadsheet that was downloaded from
off of the web. I have tried practically every format and tool to no avail.
I have Excel 2003 by the way. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I noticed that also.

I don't have any suggestions for OP if others can see the numbers in a saved
workbook with no special formatting.

Something to do with a printer driver???

Gord