Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Finding duplicates

Help...I'm trying to find duplicates and a price in a list, that looks
something like this:

Col A-123456 Col-B-6.39 Col-C- 442
123456 8.30 6907
122222 5.50 442
356488 6.87 6907
356333 8.25 442
222220 3.33 442
222220 10.69 6907
I want to find the duplicate and the price(col B)only for code 6907 in
col-C. I tried a IF(and) statement. I used If(a1=a2,yes, if(and a1=a2,
c1=6907, yes, no). Doesn't work is there another way to get my results. I
would then sort by the yes
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have you try using the Auto Fliter?
This may do what you want.
--
Hope this is helpful

Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide answer you have asked

Thank You

cheers, francis

Am not a greek but an ordinary user trying to assist another

"needitquick" wrote:

Help...I'm trying to find duplicates and a price in a list, that looks
something like this:

Col A-123456 Col-B-6.39 Col-C- 442
123456 8.30 6907
122222 5.50 442
356488 6.87 6907
356333 8.25 442
222220 3.33 442
222220 10.69 6907
I want to find the duplicate and the price(col B)only for code 6907 in
col-C. I tried a IF(and) statement. I used If(a1=a2,yes, if(and a1=a2,
c1=6907, yes, no). Doesn't work is there another way to get my results. I
would then sort by the yes

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

First I want to find the dupl's in the list and the without having to sort
and pull those out, I want to be able to idenify the duplicates and the price
associated with code 6907. I don't think Auto filter will do that for. I
thought using a formula would allow me to idenify both. Any other ideas?
Thanks for your help

"needitquick" wrote:

Help...I'm trying to find duplicates and a price in a list, that looks
something like this:

Col A-123456 Col-B-6.39 Col-C- 442
123456 8.30 6907
122222 5.50 442
356488 6.87 6907
356333 8.25 442
222220 3.33 442
222220 10.69 6907
I want to find the duplicate and the price(col B)only for code 6907 in
col-C. I tried a IF(and) statement. I used If(a1=a2,yes, if(and a1=a2,
c1=6907, yes, no). Doesn't work is there another way to get my results. I
would then sort by the yes

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

let me see if I can show where my problem comes in,I want the cell A2 to
reference A1 and state it's a duplicate and that the number in C2=6907. I'm
not sure if it make sence. If you can give me another way that would be great
too! Thanks again

81091107 58.15 442 Y dup
81091107 58.86 6907 N no
81091115 49.96 442 Y dup