Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Need Help with Formula

I am creating a training matrix and need help with a formula.

Tracked on scorecard Training Date
y 7/10/03
y (blank cell)
n 8/10/03
n (blank cell)

I need to create a formula that counts the number of employees that took the
training, but only if they are tracked on the scorecard (y).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Try: =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A10="y")*(B2:B10<""))

Success? Celebrate it, click the YES button below
--
Max
Singapore
"Becca" wrote:
I am creating a training matrix and need help with a formula.

Tracked on scorecard Training Date
y 7/10/03
y (blank cell)
n 8/10/03
n (blank cell)

I need to create a formula that counts the number of employees that took the
training, but only if they are tracked on the scorecard (y).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Becca,

I'm a little confused about what you want. You said you want to count
employees but the same you provided only has two headings, some y/n's and
some dates. Are you saying you want to count dates? Or y's? Or what?

Dennis