Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Converting time formats in Excel

I am trying to get a throughput value from a time to volume ratio.

For example;
I have the working time of 1:15 and want to divide my volume of 3200 into it
to get a through put value.

What i would really like is to figure out a way to convert time formats from
the standard HH:MM to just minutes, ie: 1:15 (1 hour 15 minutes) to be 75
minutes.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
to convert to minutes....
assuming 1:15 is in H4.
=(H4*60*24)
format as general.

"Darrin" wrote:

I am trying to get a throughput value from a time to volume ratio.

For example;
I have the working time of 1:15 and want to divide my volume of 3200 into it
to get a through put value.

What i would really like is to figure out a way to convert time formats from
the standard HH:MM to just minutes, ie: 1:15 (1 hour 15 minutes) to be 75
minutes.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

oops. click the post button too quick.
note: excel keeps time as a percentage of a day so 1:15 is 0.052083333% of a
day. so multiply the time (as a percentage of a day-see above) times 60
minutes times 24 hours which should yield 75 formated as general.

regards
FSt1

"Darrin" wrote:

I am trying to get a throughput value from a time to volume ratio.

For example;
I have the working time of 1:15 and want to divide my volume of 3200 into it
to get a through put value.

What i would really like is to figure out a way to convert time formats from
the standard HH:MM to just minutes, ie: 1:15 (1 hour 15 minutes) to be 75
minutes.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No, not 0.052083333%. That would be 45 seconds.
1 hour 15 minutes is 0.05208333, or if you really want it as a percentage,
5.2083333% of a day
--
David Biddulph

"Darrin" wrote:

I am trying to get a throughput value from a time to volume ratio.

For example;
I have the working time of 1:15 and want to divide my volume of 3200 into
it
to get a through put value.

What i would really like is to figure out a way to convert time formats
from
the standard HH:MM to just minutes, ie: 1:15 (1 hour 15 minutes) to be 75
minutes.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
you're right. my bad. i knew what i was talking about, i just didn't say it
like i knew what i was talking about.

thanks for the clearification.
regards
FSt1