Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Bob is offline

Default cancel Update message?

I copied and pasted several worksheets from one workbook to another. When I
open the new workbook I keep getting a message to update or not. How do I get
rid of any links to the other workbook.
I have checked all formulas and none have a link to the other book. I also
selected tools/option/edit and unticked the update box, but I still a message
to 'continue'.
How do I sort this out?

--
Bob
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Go to menu Edit - Links to find the links that are still in your workbook. I
have found occasionally in workbooks there are invisible errors in the
workbook where excel thinks there are still links after you removed them all.
I then have to copy each sheet one at a time to a new workbook to remove
these hidden links.

"Bob" wrote:

I copied and pasted several worksheets from one workbook to another. When I
open the new workbook I keep getting a message to update or not. How do I get
rid of any links to the other workbook.
I have checked all formulas and none have a link to the other book. I also
selected tools/option/edit and unticked the update box, but I still a message
to 'continue'.
How do I sort this out?

--
Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bob;375820 Wrote:
I copied and pasted several worksheets from one workbook to another.
When I
open the new workbook I keep getting a message to update or not. How do
I get
rid of any links to the other workbook.
I have checked all formulas and none have a link to the other book. I
also
selected tools/option/edit and unticked the update box, but I still a
message
to 'continue'.
How do I sort this out?

--
BobIn the formulae that you have copied you may find that some of them now

contain something like =[Book2]Sheet1!$A$3 this is a link to another
workbook, you may also notice a formula Sheet1!$A$3 this is a link to
sheet 1 in the present workbook, however if that sheets doesnt exist you
will have problems.

A great resource for everything excel is Allen Wyatts site, this is the
page you particularly want 'Uncovering and Removing Links (Tips.Net)'
(http://tinyurl.com/ny3tph)

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,