Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2003 list

I have a list of invoice details with the inv number in col A (sequential
starting 10001). Is it possible to make a control button that would add a new
row at the botttom of the list and automatically give it the next inv number
in col A?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You might be someone who could benefit from the "List" feature in xl 2003.
Enter "List" or "Create a List" in help and read up on it.

....A new row is inserted automatically in the List when you enter
data in the last row of the "List" ( the last row has an * in it).
....Assuming you list starts in A3 then enter this formula in A4:
"= A3 +1" and fill down.
....Then when you fill in data in any cell in the "Last" * row an
incremented invoice number will automatically appear in column A.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Adele"
wrote in message
I have a list of invoice details with the inv number in col A (sequential
starting 10001). Is it possible to make a control button that would add a new
row at the botttom of the list and automatically give it the next inv number
in col A?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You are welcome. Further... if you would like a cross check that
the invoice numbers are in sequence then consider this formula...

=IF(SUM(InvoiceList)-(ROWS(InvoiceList) *(ROWS(InvoiceList)+1)/2)=ROWS(InvoiceList)*10000,"OK","Check Invoice Numbers")

In the above, "InvoiceList" is a name assigned just to the existing list
of invoice numbers. It does not include any headers or the * row
and is one column wide. The invoice numbers must start at 10001.
The formula can be placed in any cell.
The formula will adjust automatically as invoice numbers are added to the list.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA