Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Vlookup Update

Excel 2007
=VLOOKUP(C9,Sheet3!$A$2:$F$47,2,FALSE)
When using the above formula, if one of the cells in my table array is
blank, I would like the resulting cell to remain blank - not show a 0 as it
does now.
Also, when I change a name in my table, it does not update in my drop down
list?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Try this

=IF(COUNTIF(Sheet3!$A$2:$A$47,C9)0,VLOOKUP(C9,She et3!$A$2:$F$47,2,FALSE),"")

Mike

"Canon" wrote:

Excel 2007
=VLOOKUP(C9,Sheet3!$A$2:$F$47,2,FALSE)
When using the above formula, if one of the cells in my table array is
blank, I would like the resulting cell to remain blank - not show a 0 as it
does now.
Also, when I change a name in my table, it does not update in my drop down
list?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way is to handle that blank using IF

=IF(VLOOKUP(C9,Sheet3!$A$2:$F$47,2,FALSE)="","",VL OOKUP(C9,Sheet3!$A$2:$F$47,2,FALSE))

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria