Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Advanced Filter for blank fields in multiple rows

I need to filter for blank cells. It will usually be a single criteria in
more than one column. It will be 'and'.

I know that I have to place all criteria in the same row for 'and'.
However, I can't seem to filter out the blank cells. I keep getting nothing
or everything. What is the correct method for filtering for blank cells?

Thx,

Ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Show us a sample of your data and the desired results. Are you trying to
filter where two columns both contain blanks at the same time or where one or
the other contains blanks, it's not clear.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"ronlaforce" wrote:

I need to filter for blank cells. It will usually be a single criteria in
more than one column. It will be 'and'.

I know that I have to place all criteria in the same row for 'and'.
However, I can't seem to filter out the blank cells. I keep getting nothing
or everything. What is the correct method for filtering for blank cells?

Thx,

Ron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In the criteria range, add the same heading as the column you want to
filter in the table.
In the cell below, type: ="="
Include that heading and formula in your criteria range when you run the
Advanced Filter

There are other criteria examples he

http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter02.html

--