Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default getting a sum across multiple worksheets, then adding the numbers together

I have a workbook with 80 worksheets. I want to add column E12 thru column
E50 across all worksheets, then total up those numbers.

Any ideas if this is possible?

Thanks,

Todd

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way...

Insert a new blank worksheet to the immediate left of the first sheet you
want to include in the sum and insert a new blank worksheet to the immediate
right of the last worksheet that you want to include in the sum.

Name these sheets Start and End.

Then the formula would be:

=SUM(Start:End!E12:E50)

Any sheet between Start and End will be included in the sum.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Todd Hudson" wrote in message
I have a workbook with 80 worksheets. I want to add column E12 thru column
E50 across all worksheets, then total up those numbers.

Any ideas if this is possible?

Thanks,

Todd

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default getting a sum across multiple worksheets, then adding the numbers

Hi,

In your summary sheet, in cell E12 enter:

=Sheet2:Sheet80!E12

Copy this formula down to E50.
In cell E51 enter

=SUM(E12:E50)