Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default graphing data based on todays date

I am trying to create a graph that will automatically update itself based on
todays date. For instance i would like to graph data from the past 28 days
only starting from todays date. however every day i have to go into the
chart and reselect the source data because it is constantly changing on a day
to day basis. Is there a way to do automatically update this. or a formula
that i can put into the source data using todays date?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can do it using dynamic charting. First, we need to setup the 29 cells
you'll use for the x-axis. In the first one, input:
=TODAY()
In the next, something like
=A1-1
and copy down the appropriate amount of cells. Now, go to Insert - Name -
Define. Give the range a name, like MyRange (no spaces). In the referes to
section, define the cells your just created:
=A1:A29
Click Add, then ok.

Now, go to your chart - Source data. For the x-axis, input something like
this:
='My Workbook Name.xls'!MyRange
Click ok.

Your chart will now update itself based on the formula cells!
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Soccerboy83" wrote:

I am trying to create a graph that will automatically update itself based on
todays date. For instance i would like to graph data from the past 28 days
only starting from todays date. however every day i have to go into the
chart and reselect the source data because it is constantly changing on a day
to day basis. Is there a way to do automatically update this. or a formula
that i can put into the source data using todays date?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel 2007 PivotTable, PivotChart
Chart scales automatically with changes in source data.
Source data range is dynamic.
This example counts -20 working days from today.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1nytwn...06_08_09a.xlsx