Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default remove '0 in front of number

I have a whole bunch of number in columns written as follows

'08344555
'09783593

etc

How can I edit the cells in one go instead of removing all by hand

Thanks,

willemeulen

Blink1 *Willem van der Meulen* BSc Soil & Water Eng (Netherlands)
willemeulen's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=285
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=104260

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It would help if you told us what you want to achieve by the "edit". Turn
them from text into numbers? Just remove the zero from the text? Something
else?

Here are some things you can try:
1. Use Text to Columns.
2. Put zero in an empty cell. Copy it. Highlight your column, right-click,
choose Paste Special...Add.
3. In a helper column, use the formula =--right(a1,7) and copy down [adjust
the range to suit].

Regards,
Fred.

"willemeulen" wrote in message

I have a whole bunch of number in columns written as follows

'08344555
'09783593

etc

How can I edit the cells in one go instead of removing all by hand

Thanks,

willemeulen

Blink1 *Willem van der Meulen* BSc Soil & Water Eng (Netherlands)
willemeulen's Profile:
http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=285
View this thread:
http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=104260

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

In an unused cell enter 1, then copy this cell. Select cells to convert
Paste Special Multiply OK

Regards,
Per

"willemeulen" skrev i meddelelsen

I have a whole bunch of number in columns written as follows

'08344555
'09783593

etc

How can I edit the cells in one go instead of removing all by hand

Thanks,

willemeulen

Blink1 *Willem van der Meulen* BSc Soil & Water Eng (Netherlands)
willemeulen's Profile:
http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=285
View this thread:
http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=104260

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

WHY NOT ADD A WORKBOOK?
Providing a workbook will not only get you your answer quicker but will
better illustrate your problem, usually when we can see your data (-it
can be dummy data but must be of the same type-) and your structure it
is far easier for us to give you a tailored, workable answer to your
query :)

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -