Gig

Default Slow response to every change made in Excel

Help.

I have been a long time user of Excel and have come accross a problem I
can't solve. Am using Excel 2003 with XP Prof. This a new computer and my
Excel worked with no problems when I first got it. On a recent trip I was
making changes to a complex worksheet and all of a sudden every change I made
would result in the appearance of the "egg timer" and I would have to wait
for the program either to save the changes or recalculate the worksheet ... I
am not if it was that or something else. Now I have to wait just about
everytime I do anything to a spreadsheet. I am use to making changes, edits
or just formatting without ever having to wait for anything. Changes were
saved or recalculated on "the run" without ever waiting. I do not know what
happened to cause all of this frustrating waiting. Whatever happened is not
saved into my settings and it happens all of the time. Under "options" I
turned off auto recalculation and auto recovery. I can't find any auto save,
so none of these 3 things can be causing the problem. I need to expert help
so I can get back to work instead of waiting all of the time. Your
suggestions please. Thank you.

Gig
--
lagiglio
Debra Dalgleish

The speech recognition feature may be slowing things. There are
instructions for removing it in this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306537

Gig wrote:
[...]

Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html