Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tj tj is offline

Default Why does the caps lock not work on the # like 9 = ( & 0 = )

I am entering a lot of data that has to have the ( sign and the ) sign, but
when I put it on CAPS LOCK it still enters the 9 or 0. Is there a way to
temporarily lock them so I don't have to keep hitting the shift key?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Because Caps Lock is just that, Capitals Lock. Is is NOT the same as the
Shift Key.

tj wrote:

I am entering a lot of data that has to have the ( sign and the ) sign, but
when I put it on CAPS LOCK it still enters the 9 or 0. Is there a way to
temporarily lock them so I don't have to keep hitting the shift key?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bob wrote on Fri, 05 Jun 2009 11:54:57 -0500:

tj wrote:

I am entering a lot of data that has to have the ( sign and
the ) sign, but when I put it on CAPS LOCK it still enters
the 9 or 0. Is there a way to temporarily lock them so I
don't have to keep hitting the shift key?

I suppose one possibility would be to use the square brackets " [ and ]
" and do a global change to " ( and ) ".
--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe you could remap (reassign) some keys
Here is one site that tells how
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...assignkey.html
Here is another
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...6-252dfb7d8f9e