Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default transposing a column

Hi
Have a protected sheet that accepts data in col B.
I would like to have this column transposed to horizontal on a HIDDEN sheet
2 as it is entered on sheet1.
The idea behind this is that I can then pick up (copy) the single line from
sheet2 and paste this into a single line on a separate spreadsheet.
All suggestions welcome.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi RD
Thanks for responding - but it does not do what I would really like.
To explain more.
On sheet 1 data is entered in B1 down to B10.
As this data is being entered I would like it to be being transposed into a
single row of data automatically so that when all data fields have been
filled in on sheet1 there is a row of data available on sheet 2 ready to be
picked up and copied to a sheet in a second workbook.

"johnsail" wrote in message
Hi
Have a protected sheet that accepts data in col B.
I would like to have this column transposed to horizontal on a HIDDEN
sheet
2 as it is entered on sheet1.
The idea behind this is that I can then pick up (copy) the single line
from
sheet2 and paste this into a single line on a separate spreadsheet.
All suggestions welcome.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have you tried it?

That's *exactly* what my formula will accomplish!

You enter the formula on Sheet2 and copy it across whatever row you wish.

Now, go back to Sheet1 and enter a few values in Column B.
Go to Sheet2 and you'll see them displayed there.

RD

"RagDyer" wrote in message
Enter anywhere in Sheet2, and copy across as needed:

=Index(Sheet1!$B:$B,Columns($A:A))

--
HTH,

RD

Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit
!

"johnsail" wrote in message
Hi
Have a protected sheet that accepts data in col B.
I would like to have this column transposed to horizontal on a HIDDEN
sheet
2 as it is entered on sheet1.
The idea behind this is that I can then pick up (copy) the single line
from
sheet2 and paste this into a single line on a separate spreadsheet.
All suggestions welcome.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks RD
Have now got it working.

Your help much appreciated.

"johnsail" wrote in message
Hi
Have a protected sheet that accepts data in col B.
I would like to have this column transposed to horizontal on a HIDDEN
sheet
2 as it is entered on sheet1.
The idea behind this is that I can then pick up (copy) the single line
from
sheet2 and paste this into a single line on a separate spreadsheet.
All suggestions welcome.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're welcome, and appreciate the feed-back.

RD

"johnsail" wrote in message
Thanks RD
Have now got it working.