Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default blocking cells from view in a spreadsheet

I have a spreadsheet that I need to send to a large distribution, but 2 of
the columns have confidential salary information and I want those blocked
from view and locked. Is there a way to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Why not send a workbook with only the visisble data ?

If you want to mail see for example
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder1/mail4.htm

There is also a Outlook only example that have a few more options on my site

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Tini" wrote in message ...
I have a spreadsheet that I need to send to a large distribution, but 2 of
the columns have confidential salary information and I want those blocked
from view and locked. Is there a way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw dlw is offline

maybe just make a copy of the spreadsheet, delete the salary info, and send
that one?

"Tini" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that I need to send to a large distribution, but 2 of
the columns have confidential salary information and I want those blocked
from view and locked. Is there a way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I could do that, but is there a way to keep from having 2 spreadsheets? I'd
like to keep it all on one sheet, if possible with 2 columns out of view. Do
you know if that's possible?