Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default y axis customized values

can you customized y axis values, instead of going to scale? for
example I'd like to use

P609, P709,P809 etc, (it means period 6 2009, etc) can I program this
into the y axis instead of using scale 0-30?

Ryan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Ryan

Rather than me typing in a long reply, I think this link should help you out:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html

" wrote:

can you customized y axis values, instead of going to scale? for
example I'd like to use

P609, P709,P809 etc, (it means period 6 2009, etc) can I program this
into the y axis instead of using scale 0-30?

Ryan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See Jon Peltier's post on arbitrary axis:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

" wrote:

can you customized y axis values, instead of going to scale? for
example I'd like to use

P609, P709,P809 etc, (it means period 6 2009, etc) can I program this
into the y axis instead of using scale 0-30?

Ryan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, it could work with a bar chart. Simply make your label series alone be
line graph w/ markers, no lines, and set the y-axis to cross at zero.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

" wrote:
can you customized y axis values, instead of going to scale? for
example I'd like to use

P609, P709,P809 etc, (it means period 6 2009, etc) can I program this
into the y axis instead of using scale 0-30?

Ryan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Rather than me typing in a long reply,

Ha ha. I started my web site in part to save me from repeating the same
explanations again and again. Then it got out of hand.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/

Advanced Excel Conference - June 17-18 2009 - Charting and Programming
http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009...00906ACNJ.html
_______