Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel

After creating a list I would like to include the left number column in my
printed page. This will help when I insert new items to my list and the
numbers automatically ascend when I print it again.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If I understand correctly, you would like to be able to print the Row
headings in your workbook (1,2,3,4,5, etc.). If so, go to File - - Page
Setup - - click on the 'Sheet' Tab at the top - - then in the middle you
should be able to check a box that says Row and column headings - - then
click OK. This will print the 1,2,3... down the side of your paper and the
A,B,C... across the top. There is no way to print only the 1,2,3... and not
the A,B,C...

Hope this helps!

"jmandbb" wrote:

After creating a list I would like to include the left number column in my
printed page. This will help when I insert new items to my list and the
numbers automatically ascend when I print it again.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JCS JCS is offline

Hi,
To the left of your list add a helper cloumn (insert a cloumn) then type in
the following formula in the first cell: =CELL("row",A1). Then copy the
formula down however many rows your list is. If this helps, please press YES.

John

"jmandbb" wrote:

After creating a list I would like to include the left number column in my
printed page. This will help when I insert new items to my list and the
numbers automatically ascend when I print it again.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I'm not clear on this question but:

1. You could insert a new column A and enter the formula
=ROW()
in A1 and copy it down. Or a fancier version which is based on content in
your first column would be
=IF(B1,ROW(),"")

2. Or in 2007 the command for row and headings is Page Layout, Print
Titles, and check the row and column headings box. The downside of this is
that you will get BOTH row and column headings and it sounds like you don't
need both.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"jmandbb" wrote:

After creating a list I would like to include the left number column in my
printed page. This will help when I insert new items to my list and the
numbers automatically ascend when I print it again.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"jmandbb" wrote:

After creating a list I would like to include the left number column in my
printed page. This will help when I insert new items to my list and the
numbers automatically ascend when I print it again.

Hi Lightbulb...Made the changes you suggested and now when I try to print
I'm geting a message telling me it can't find anything to print. Very strange!

jmandbbb

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"jmandbb" wrote:

After creating a list I would like to include the left number column in my
printed page. This will help when I insert new items to my list and the
numbers automatically ascend when I print it again.

Lightbulb...I made the adjustments you recommended but when I try to print
it tells me it can't find anything to print...Strange...jmandbb