Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default workweek

Column A contains dates. But I only need weekday dates when filled in. Can
someone help with the formula to do so. Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way...

Enter the starting date in the first cell. This starting date must be a
weekday date.

A1 = 6/1/2009

Enter this formula in A2 and copy down as needed:

=A1+CHOOSE(WEEKDAY(A1),,1,1,1,1,3,)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Richard" wrote in message
Column A contains dates. But I only need weekday dates when filled in. Can
someone help with the formula to do so. Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

So did you want to fill Column A with only Weekdays or did you want to
identify the dates in column A as being either Weekday or Weekend?

If you want to fill in only weekdays in Column A then the easiet is to place
a date in column A. Instead of dragging the date with the left mouse button
depressed, depress the right mouse button. When you are done dragging you
will get a menu which will allow you to fill only the weekdays.

If you need the formula
=IF(OR(WEEKDAY(A1)=1, WEEKDAY(A1)=7), "WeekEnd", "WeekDay")
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson