Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to bold lowest value

I have a spreadsheet with about six vendors on it. There are about 500 rows
of miscellaneous material, all with a specific price from each vendor. I was
wondering if there is a way that I can highlight the cell in each row with
the lowest value. I know I can find out what the lowest value is, I just
wanted to know if I can highlight it so it is easy to find when scrolling
through and making an order.

Thanks so much
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can use conditional formatting. You just need to determine if the cell
value = the min of the row. So something like this will do

Highlight cells B1:I1
Select Format - Conditional Format
Change from Cell Value is To Formula is
Add this formula
=B1=MIN($B1:$I1)
Define your fomat as Bold

It that works copy this formatting to the necessary rows.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson