Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ben Ben is offline

Default my excel file is too big

I have an excel file where I store around 800 rows of data spread over 60
columns. Every time I copy and past the data into a new sheet it seems to
double in file size (its now up to around 3mb). Around 22 columns have
conditional formatting attached, while the other columns have a sum function
in them.

Is there anything I can do to reduce the file size without losing the
formatting and functions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Ben:

Instead of copying the sheet, try copying and renaming the file in file
explorer.

This will make a file of the same size.

You may also want to check the external links, if you copy the sheet.
Sometimes when you copy the links link back to the the original sheet and
that is where the size increase occurs.

--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, www.nyfconsultants.com, Wolverhampton, UK