Tkshowers

Default Formula for a range of percentages

Sorry, some of the posts mention this, but I do not know enough to figure it
out. I am a teacher and I am trying to collect some data. Please help.

I need a formula to count the number of grades that are greater than 74% and
less than 85% in the cell range of H3:H109. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Tkshowers

First, thank you for the responses! I am supposed to be the most "Tech
literate" of the teachers and have been pulling my hair out trying to get
this ready for the adminstration. Second, I tried both of the formulas, and
the result both time came out as 3500%. What am I doing wrong?

"Tkshowers" wrote in message
Sorry, some of the posts mention this, but I do not know enough to figure
it
out. I am a teacher and I am trying to collect some data. Please help.

I need a formula to count the number of grades that are greater than 74%
and
less than 85% in the cell range of H3:H109. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Bob Phillips

Format the cell as General, and you will get 35!

BTW, if you use this formula it should be

=COUNTIF(H3:H109,".74")-COUNTIF(H3:H109,"=.85")

assuming that there can be fractional scores, not just integer

--

HTH

RP