Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 OLAP Writeback

Dear all,

Is there any native functionality to perform writeback to a SQL Server
Analysis Services database from an Excel 2007 pivot table?

I can do it with VBA, but would prefer something a little more 'robust'.

Many thanks!

Matt
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Matt, i do not have the answer, but i have the same issue that i need to
solve, so I wander if you manage to do it, or if you do not mind to tell me
this VBA solution.

I have created a cube with Business Intelligence Development Studio €“ MSSQL
2005, and I provide to the customer Excels with Pivot Tables (Excel 2007 -
connected to the data cube) as an end user tool. Now the customer wants to
perform What-If analysis to those Pivot Tables. I try to use the feature from
excel, meaning the what-if analysis under the tab €˜Data and is not working.
I will appreciate any information that can help me.

Thank you.

"Matt" wrote:

Dear all,

Is there any native functionality to perform writeback to a SQL Server
Analysis Services database from an Excel 2007 pivot table?

I can do it with VBA, but would prefer something a little more 'robust'.

Many thanks!

Matt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dear Matt,

Your best bet is with the VBA in conjunction with a web service. The
inherent writeback capability by microsoft starts having performance
problems once the data sizes start to rise. You could have a look at
the framework of a possible solution here

http://piglings.blogspot.com/2009/08...ssas-2008.html