Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default automatically show cell references of formulas

when i open my spreadsheet and move around various cells, there are no
colored outlines to show cell references in formulas. I thought I remember
seeing it before; maybe I accidently unchecked an option.

I can double-click the desired cell to show the colored outlined references,
but I don't want to have to double click every one, just to randomly move
around the sheet.

Also, I can use the ctrl+~ option but don't want to use that because it
shows the formulas;

Is there an option to show the colored outline of cell references without
double-clicking or showing formula view.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Maybe a close fit ..
Select a formula cell which houses a ref
to more than a single precedent, eg: =SUM(B1:B4)
then click Tools Formula Auditing Trace Precedents
--
Max
Singapore