Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Data collection - aggrating forms data ??

I'd like to send out an email to collect data from summer school applicants
(as an example.) Is there a way to collect all the data from 100
respondents who each return an Excel worksheet with a single line of data
for the 10 headings I pre-load?

Or is ther a simplier way?

Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There are a couple or three ways I can think of to do this, but one I think
would probably be easiest for both you and the respondents is to continue
down the path you've started: send them each a simple workbook (they do all
have Excel, right?) and let them fill out the data and return it to you.

The next step would be to save them all into a single folder together - this
would require you to slightly rename each one as you do the Save Attachment
operation from their reply email.

The final step would be to have a 'master' workbook with some VBA code in it
that would open and read all the others and copy the responses into it for
further analysis. I could help with that side of things.

Others may offer other suggestions involving things like a web based
solution. You may decide that one of them is better for you. But if you
want to try this one, feel free to get in touch with me via email at (remove
spaces)
Help From @ jlathamsite.com
and we can work together to put the needed code together to help complete
your project. It's relatively simple code, but I'd need to know some things
about the content and layout of the workbooks involved to finalize it. Just
kind of remind me of this posting/who you are and what your request is if you
do get in touch.

"InOverMyHead" wrote:

I'd like to send out an email to collect data from summer school applicants
(as an example.) Is there a way to collect all the data from 100
respondents who each return an Excel worksheet with a single line of data
for the 10 headings I pre-load?

Or is ther a simplier way?

Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is exactly what I needed to know. I may or may not pursue it. I have
also been reminded of Google "Forms" which seems to nicely accumulate
respondant's data in a Google spreadsheet, which can also be opened with
Excel.

Thanks for the quick response!!

Bob