Rolls

Default Excel fails to save properly

I have a daily exercise in which I copy a web-based datagrid and paste it
into an Excel workbook. It's typically up to 6,000 rows +/- and 15 columns
wide. It takes a while to paste. After that I block format remove
text-wrap and adjust row height and column widths to fit, change the
worksheet tab to a description name, then attempt to SAVE AS
"XXXX_YYYY-MM-DD.XLS".

At this point the worksheet usually becomes unresponsive but not always. If
I close Excel and then reopen it, the recovered file can eventually be
repaired and saved.

Is this a known problem? I suspect that it may have something to do with
non-visible html.

Are there any techniques to do this process faster and reliably?

George - Houston

Jim Cone

George,

I would use the Clean function and Trim functions on the data.
Remove all formatting, including any merged cells.
Save the file.
Then do your thing.

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA