Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Text Bex Scroll Bars Don't always appear

I have a text box on a worksheet page (not a user form). I use a
vertical scroll bar so that the user can read a long disclaimer
dialogue. I protect the sheet before it is accessed. Everything
works fine, except that the scroll bar does not appear unless you
click inside of the text box or on top of the scroll bar. Then it
appears, and everything works as intended.

I do not think this matters, but at first I found the user could
change the text. It always reset to the original text when the sheet
was closed, though. So I pasted a label over the top of the text.
This seems to block user access to the text. The label does not
extend over the scoll bars, of course.

I do not know why the scroll bar does not appear unless you click on
it (or on the small portion of the text box that is not covered by the
label - about 1/8" next to the scroll bar - if you click there, there
scroll bar appears also). Is there any way to have the scroll bar
appear all of the time so that the user knows there is a scroll bar
there?