Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Freeze Panes

Hi. I am probably answering my own problem but can someone tell me if the
following is true:

If you have a spreadsheet and you freeze panes say on B2 so that the
headings in A1,B1,C1.D1 ETC and row title in
column A:A are frozen and then place a filter on column A:A will the data
IN b2 onwards remain in the same position i.e not with the filter.

Hope this explains what I am getting at. Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
No the data will change with the filter, I check it since I wasn't sure

if this helps please click yes, thanks

"Dave" wrote:

Hi. I am probably answering my own problem but can someone tell me if the
following is true:

If you have a spreadsheet and you freeze panes say on B2 so that the
headings in A1,B1,C1.D1 ETC and row title in
column A:A are frozen and then place a filter on column A:A will the data
IN b2 onwards remain in the same position i.e not with the filter.

Hope this explains what I am getting at. Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

'Autofilter' will work as normal..

Freeze panes allows you to lock specific rows and columns so that they will
always be visible on screen no matter how far you scroll to the right or down
useful especially when working with large spreadsheets..

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Dave" wrote:

Hi. I am probably answering my own problem but can someone tell me if the
following is true:

If you have a spreadsheet and you freeze panes say on B2 so that the
headings in A1,B1,C1.D1 ETC and row title in
column A:A are frozen and then place a filter on column A:A will the data
IN b2 onwards remain in the same position i.e not with the filter.

Hope this explains what I am getting at. Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

If I applied the auto filter across all headings but only used it on the
first heading in A1.

This is strange as I have a spreadsheet which I have done this too and all
the data has become muddled up. Im sure its because of the freeze panes and
the filters.

"Dave" wrote:

Hi. I am probably answering my own problem but can someone tell me if the
following is true:

If you have a spreadsheet and you freeze panes say on B2 so that the
headings in A1,B1,C1.D1 ETC and row title in
column A:A are frozen and then place a filter on column A:A will the data
IN b2 onwards remain in the same position i.e not with the filter.

Hope this explains what I am getting at. Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by muddling up the data, but...

If you applied the freeze panes while the data was filtered, then show all the
data (or filter by a different value, you may not be seeing what you want.

I'd remove the freeze panes, show all the data, reapply the freeze panes and try
it again.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi All

Ive discovered what it is just to put your minds at rest!

It is because I have put empty columns between the column I was filtering on
and the rows of data. When this is done the filter does not apply to anything
beyond the gap! Well...you learn something new everyday!

Thanks for your help guys!