Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Document Security - Excel

Document is emailed from party A, to party B and then to party C (me). I want
to insure that party B is not changing anything in the document prior to
sending to party C. Is there anything that party A can do to insure that
party B can not make any changes.

Thank You.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
You can protect with a password the worksheet, however it can be easily
bread with some of the programs available in the market

if this helps please say yes, thanks

"Boboluis" wrote:

Document is emailed from party A, to party B and then to party C (me). I want
to insure that party B is not changing anything in the document prior to
sending to party C. Is there anything that party A can do to insure that
party B can not make any changes.

Thank You.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks. But how do I know that Party A is the one that protects? My situation
is that I do not know party A and have to trust that an invoice price quoted
by party A is not changed by party B.
Thanks.

"Boboluis" wrote:

Document is emailed from party A, to party B and then to party C (me). I want
to insure that party B is not changing anything in the document prior to
sending to party C. Is there anything that party A can do to insure that
party B can not make any changes.

Thank You.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
One way is you creating the spreadsheet with a button that will protect it
before sending it to party B, in that way only you will know the password and
you will be the only one to edit it,

"Boboluis" wrote:

Document is emailed from party A, to party B and then to party C (me). I want
to insure that party B is not changing anything in the document prior to
sending to party C. Is there anything that party A can do to insure that
party B can not make any changes.

Thank You.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel internal security is very weak.

There is nothing PA can do to ensure PB cannot make changes.

If PB is to only see but not alter the workbook, I would suggest PA sends
the workbook as a PDF file to PB and at the same time sends the workbook to
PC as an Excel file.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 25 May 2009 10:15:02 -0700, Boboluis
wrote:

Document is emailed from party A, to party B and then to party C (me). I want
to insure that party B is not changing anything in the document prior to
sending to party C. Is there anything that party A can do to insure that
party B can not make any changes.

Thank You.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Boboluis wrote:
Thanks. But how do I know that Party A is the one that protects? My situation
is that I do not know party A and have to trust that an invoice price quoted
by party A is not changed by party B.
Thanks.

If you can't/won't trust Party B perhaps you better get introduced to
Party A and have him/her send you the spreadsheet directly.

Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I suggested that May 25th

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 27 May 2009 10:10:08 -0700, Boboluis
wrote:

Thanks. I argree.