Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Split Date

Dear Expert,
Have used an OCR software to extract data from a PDF file.
The outcome can be as follows:

1Jan2009
12Jan2009
16Feb2009
19 Feb2009
14Jul 2009

How can I make it split into date, month and year please ?

That is ...
All in this kind of format ....

Thanks and regards,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dear Elton

Select the range of dates which needs to be corrected. From menu DataText
to Columns will populate the 'Convert Text to Columns Wizard' Hit NextNext
will take you to Step 3 of 3 of the Wizard. From Column Data format select
Date and select the date format in which your data is (DMY).Hit Finish.

MSExcel will now convert the dates to the default date format of your
computer. Now you can custom format to required date format..

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Elton Law" wrote:

Dear Expert,
Have used an OCR software to extract data from a PDF file.
The outcome can be as follows:

1Jan2009
12Jan2009
16Feb2009
19 Feb2009
14Jul 2009

How can I make it split into date, month and year please ?

That is ...
All in this kind of format ....

Thanks and regards,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

IF your data is in column A as text, then in B1:

=datevalue(A1) and copy down

Then format column B as Data in any format.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200854

"Elton Law" wrote:

Dear Expert,
Have used an OCR software to extract data from a PDF file.
The outcome can be as follows:

1Jan2009
12Jan2009
16Feb2009
19 Feb2009
14Jul 2009

How can I make it split into date, month and year please ?

That is ...
All in this kind of format ....

Thanks and regards,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Cheers..
--
If this post helps click Yes

"Elton Law" wrote:

That's great !!!!
Thanks indeed

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Dear Elton

Select the range of dates which needs to be corrected. From menu DataText
to Columns will populate the 'Convert Text to Columns Wizard' Hit NextNext
will take you to Step 3 of 3 of the Wizard. From Column Data format select
Date and select the date format in which your data is (DMY).Hit Finish.