-   -   Excel - Autofill Name, Address, Phone, Fax etc.. from Outlook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/23184-excel-autofill-name-address-phone-fax-etc-outlook.html)

Bigtalker

Excel - Autofill Name, Address, Phone, Fax etc.. from Outlook

i use Excel with office xp. i have a form we have made that requires client
Name, Address, Phone, Fax etc etc etc...

currently i keep all those contacts within my outlook contacts...

is there a way i can type in the client business name in that cell, and have
excel do one of the following:
autofill with available address, phone, fax, PC, City/Town, contact...
or...
give me a choice of available contact...

keep in mind, the Address, Phone, Fax, PC, City, Contact Name are all
different rows and colums...

Any thoughts

Gord Dibben

Big

One method.......

Export your Contacts from Outlook as a *.CSV file.

With your Excel workbook open, insert a new sheet.

DataImport External DataImport Data.

Browse to the *.CSV file and double-click to open.

Follow your nose and the Text Wizard. Your data will be comma-delimited and
go into separate cells in columns.

Use VLOOKUP function to pull this data to your form.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 08:49:07 -0700, Bigtalker
wrote:

i use Excel with office xp. i have a form we have made that requires client
Name, Address, Phone, Fax etc etc etc...

currently i keep all those contacts within my outlook contacts...

is there a way i can type in the client business name in that cell, and have
excel do one of the following:
autofill with available address, phone, fax, PC, City/Town, contact...
or...
give me a choice of available contact...

keep in mind, the Address, Phone, Fax, PC, City, Contact Name are all
different rows and colums...

Any thoughts

Bigtalker

is there a way i can do this directly from Outlook...

if i create an excel sheet of my contacts, i have to re-create that sheet
everytime i make a change to my contacts list...

your thoughts?

thanks

wrote:

i use Excel with office xp. i have a form we have made that requires client
Name, Address, Phone, Fax etc etc etc...

currently i keep all those contacts within my outlook contacts...

is there a way i can type in the client business name in that cell, and have
excel do one of the following:
autofill with available address, phone, fax, PC, City/Town, contact...
or...
give me a choice of available contact...

keep in mind, the Address, Phone, Fax, PC, City, Contact Name are all
different rows and colums...

Any thoughts

Gord Dibben

Don't work with Outlook other than for email so can't say what easier methods
may work for you.

You could probably do it through VBA but my skills are limited.

Perhaps someone else can jump in or check out the microsoft.public.outlook
news groups.

Follow this link to all the microsoft news groups.

http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

Gord