Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Using DATEDIF how do I add another month of each date fall on same

I am using the following

=DATEDIF(C6,C5,"m")

If I enter the exact same dates the answer is obviously 0, but I want it to
be 1. I only want to add 1 if the dates are exactly the same.

In case it helps I am trying to figure out how far behind an account is, and
if the dates are the same a payment was not made and one more payment would
be due.

Any help would be great!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"kmt1984" wrote:
=DATEDIF(C6,C5,"m")
If I enter the exact same dates the answer is obviously 0, but I want
it to be 1. I only want to add 1 if the dates are exactly the same.

If you mean that literally ("only ... if the dates are exactly the same"),
then:

=datedif(C6,C5,"m") + (C6=C5)

If you really mean "only if the dates are in the same month":

=max(1, datedif(C6,C5,"m"))