Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default editing multiple cells with a macro

I have a column of sedols (sedols are security identifies) that is about 8000
rows long and will be refreshed with new data every day. Sedols need to be 8
characters long. The problem is, when I drop a sedol into excel that starts
with one or more zeros, excel truncates the zeros which then leaves me with
an invalid sedol. At that point I need to go in and change for example
3128 to 0003128. Generally, there about 200 or so of these out of
8000. Was wondering if there was a way to create a macro that would look at
all sedols in the range, check if they are 8 characters, and, if not, add
enough zeros as prefix to get to 8 characters

thanks!