Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Count numbers in the same cell

I need to know how many numbers are in the same cell.
Example:
A1 inculdes 12,23,34,45
How I calculating this numbers(Answer:4)?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

For comma separated values

=LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",",""))+1

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"backmara" wrote:

I need to know how many numbers are in the same cell.
Example:
A1 inculdes 12,23,34,45
How I calculating this numbers(Answer:4)?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Basically, you count the commas and add one. This will do it:

=LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",",""))+1

Hope this helps.

Pete

On May 22, 11:47*am, backmara
wrote:
I need to know how many numbers are in the same cell.
Example:
A1 inculdes 12,23,34,45
How I calculating this numbers(Answer:4)?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'd use:

=LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",",""))+(A1<"")

The (A1<"") will only add 1 if a1 is not empty.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(A1="",0,LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",",""))+1)

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

For comma separated values