Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TGV TGV is offline

Default Find Special Characters Using Function

Hi,

I am having datas in A Column in the below mentioned manner.

123'658
346*785
569}912
265879
792{1039
1015"1166
564897
1238@1293

Now I want a function that should check the cell for special characters.
Some of the cells does not consist the special characters, So I have to take
the data separately what are all the cells contains special characters. Is
it possible? If so please suggest me.

Awaiting for your reply.

Thanks in Advance!

TGV

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If is is all numbers.. try the below in Col B ,cell B1 and copy down which
will return the cells with special characters

In cell B1

=IF(ISNUMBER(A1),"",A1)

--
If this post helps click Yes
---------------

"TGV" wrote:

Hi,

I am having datas in A Column in the below mentioned manner.

123'658
346*785
569}912
265879
792{1039
1015"1166
564897
1238@1293

Now I want a function that should check the cell for special characters.
Some of the cells does not consist the special characters, So I have to take
the data separately what are all the cells contains special characters. Is
it possible? If so please suggest me.

Awaiting for your reply.

Thanks in Advance!

TGV

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TGV TGV is offline

Thank you very much for your immediate response, but there is some Text is
also present in the data, so please guide me how I can differentiate the

"TGV" wrote:

Hi,

I am having datas in A Column in the below mentioned manner.

123'658
346*785
569}912
265879
792{1039
1015"1166
564897
1238@1293

Now I want a function that should check the cell for special characters.
Some of the cells does not consist the special characters, So I have to take
the data separately what are all the cells contains special characters. Is
it possible? If so please suggest me.

Awaiting for your reply.

Thanks in Advance!

TGV

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can mention the characters to be searched and use the formula in A1;
which will return the cell value if special characters are found.....

In B1
=IF(SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(FIND({"'","@","/","*","?"},A1))))0,A1,"")

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria