Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007... fix column headings from numbers back to letters

My column headings have mysteriously changed from alpha (letters) to numbers.
How do I change the column headings back to letters?
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Change this setting:

Office buttonExcel OptionsFormulasWorking with formulasuncheck R1C1
reference styleOK

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Kathleen Kent" <Kathleen wrote in message
My column headings have mysteriously changed from alpha (letters) to
numbers.
How do I change the column headings back to letters?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

1. Click the Office button and then click on Excel Options. Excel displays
the Excel Options dialog box.
2. At the left side of the dialog box, click Formulas.
3. If you want to use R1C1 format, select the R1C1 Reference Style check
box; if you want to use A1 format (the default for Excel), clear the check
box.
4. Click on OK.