Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Combine rows in a coloumn

I have a column of e-mail addresses and want to combine every value in the
column into one cell, separated by a semicolon (;) so I can send a mass
e-mail. I have tried using the concatenate function and copying down the
column next to my e-mail column, but can't seem to get this to work.

Here is what I have:
=CONCATENATE(N36,"; ",N35)

I thought if I combine the cell above and then copy down, it should build on
the previous cell, but it isn't working.

Thanks for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think part of your formula is off by 1 column, or maybe not.

Assuming your email addresses are in column N, and the first one is in row
35, then
in cell O36, put this formula:
=CONCATENATE(N35,"; ",N36)
In O37 put this formula:
=CONCATENATE(O36,"; ",N37)

You can then fill this second formula on down in column O to arrive at a big
long group email address at the bottom of column O.

Hope this helps.