Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Allow sort of Protected Sheet

I have a wb with several hidden sheets and hidden columns of the unhidden
sheets (When in UserView).

Although I turn on the "Sort" feature in the Protection options the user
still cannot sort the worksheet.

What do I need to do to keep the security but allow sorting?

--
---
TraciAnn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You need to have all of the cells that are used in the sort 'unlocked' via
the Format Cells [Protection] tab. Then when they perform the sort they must
only select those unlocked cells as they begin the sort operation. If you
don't know how far down the sheet the range may extend and they may simply
select columns and then go to Data -- Sort, then the entire columns must be
unlocked.