Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Find specific info using search string using VBA

An order number is embedded in an email title, e.g., order number in the
email below is 09-11111
09-11111 for Customer Jones
The order number is not in the same location in each email title.

I am comparing two worksheets to determine the order numbers which do not
have corresponding emails.

The following works to locate the order number above:
Set C = .Find(ReqNum, LookIn:=xlValues)

Unfortunately, order numbers have revisions, e.g., 09-11111_2 and
09-11111_3, etc.

The find method searches within a string and finds 09-11111 when it comes
across an email title containing 09-11111_2. I need it to find the extract
string, e.g., 09-11111 and NOT within a revised order number such as
09-11111_2.

=========
Example:
Find 09-11111

This confirms your orders, 09-11111_2 (should not find 09-11111 in this
example)
09-11111 for Customer Jones (SHOULD find 09-11111 in this example)

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.